Thread pulling out of needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread pulling out of needle

I've been running the same design for 2 days. Now all of the sudden the thread pulls out of needle with each thread cut. I changed thread to another needle-no change...suggestions please [emoji57]
    Have a Melco EMT 16. Had some issues prior to this- both DS Plus and Melco OS were re installed and am now working from Windows 8, was on Windows 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by karendotson; 10-15-2016, 10:41 PM.

Clean and oil your trimmer?

Comment

Karen,

It may be that the cutter blade on the EMT 16 rotary hook has either come loose or is fractured/broken. I would give Melco a call about this one as I believe you are still under warranty.

Judy....The trimmer on the new EMT 16's are a totally different animal than what was in the XT or STS series machines. The cutter blade is now an integral part of the rotary hook and does not function at all like the older knife/selector models did.... ;-)
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thread pulling out of needle

Thanks for the suggestion I'll call
        tomorrow . In the meantime is this issue an "inconvenience" and I can still run designs, albeit very slowly, or is this a "do not run anything until it's fixed" issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only thing I would advise you to do before running it much is to remove the needleplate and inspect the rotary hook to make sure there is "nothing" loose on it especially the cutter. It is held on to the rotary hook by three very tiny screws and if they were to come loose the cutter would be out of adjustment and not trim properly. I just don't want to tell you to run the machine without closely inspecting that part of the rotary hook. Otherwise...just an inconvenience...

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X