Black thread breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black thread breaks

I don't know if anyone has this problem, my black thread keeps breaking. No matter what speed thread feed I put it on, if I move the color to another needle it will just break that needle. As soon as I use a different color that color runs perfect no problems. Can anyone please help me I have a bunch of orders and they require me using black thread, it seems like a crazy problem to have.
    Last edited by Ken_design_group; 06-01-2016, 11:55 PM.

Black thread is the weakest of all the thread colors. From what we have been told years ago, all colors that don't sell well are thrown into black dye so it is the most processed of all the colors and therefore, the weakest. Get a new cone of black thread and your problem may disappear. Test the tensile strength. If you have moved your black thread around on the thread tree with the same results, I will guess this is your problem; even if it is a new cone of thread. We have had that problem once and actually sent it back to Madeira for a replacement cone.
    Sharon Springer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
      Black thread is the weakest of all the thread colors. From what we have been told years ago, all colors that don't sell well are thrown into black dye so it is the most processed of all the colors and therefore, the weakest. Get a new cone of black thread and your problem may disappear. Test the tensile strength. If you have moved your black thread around on the thread tree with the same results, I will guess this is your problem; even if it is a new cone of thread. We have had that problem once and actually sent it back to Madeira for a replacement cone.
      Sharon Springer
      Thank you very much I will be ordering a new black thread today

Comment

Working...
      X