Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Small text on top of other stitches help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Small text on top of other stitches help!!!

Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted. I have a question for which I am attaching an image. It is a pic of the original design that I received from the digitizer with no changes made. Sewn with a 65/9 sharp needle at about 1000 SPM, 2oz cutaway backing.

My question is about small text on top of a fill. In the lake-erie-sewout.jpg you can see that the small text is being basically destroyed by the white fill underneath. Is there any way I can make an adjustment in my .ofm so that the text appears more clear? Or are there any changes on the machine/with equipment that I can make to compensate for the loss of clarity?

Thank you all for your time and I appreciate any responses I get.

Mike @ The Max
    Michael Iarocci
    The Max Screen Printing & Embroidery
    759 Lakeshore Blvd.
    Painesville, OH 44077
    [email protected]
    Work: 440-357-0036
    Mobile: 440-862-3068

If it is the fill that is the problem, then you have to change the fill somehow. Perhaps denser, shorter stitches, change direction, more underlay. Or a combination. I would think the fille would have to be tight and firm. Do you have a center underlay under the text? Maybe that would help. What is the density of the text? The text needs to lay on top of the fill and not get sucked down between the fill stitches so maybe loosen the column feed. Perhaps you can just take a small section and experiment instead of doing the whole thing. Did you ask the digitizer to look at the problem?
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

It's hard to see, but is the lettering sinking into the fill? When I have this problem I put a stop in my color sequence between the fill and whatever is going on top. Then I pin a piece of Solvy over the fill. It works for me, but if you have a bunch of these to do, it would be a bit time-consuming.

Comment

Mama Kass,

That is a really good idea. I am going to try that now. Thanks a bunch.
        Michael Iarocci
        The Max Screen Printing & Embroidery
        759 Lakeshore Blvd.
        Painesville, OH 44077
        [email protected]
        Work: 440-357-0036
        Mobile: 440-862-3068

Comment

Let us know if it worked for you.

Comment

I would use a center walk underlay. Some digitizers don't use underlay on small letters, but I have always had good results. And I would add a little more pull comp. Do that in combination with the suggestions above, and it should turn out nice.

Comment

I have found a "nifty" technique for small lettering. Instead of running the letters at, say, a density of 4, run them with a density of 8 with underlay of zigzag, 100%, density 8. Both layers of stitches add up, more or less, to the density of 4.

Comment

Working...
              X