Corners on Singleline don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corners on Singleline don't work

I am doing 6 Motor Cycle patches of over 50 thou stitches each. Everything is beautiful except the long singleline center where the inside corners won't give me nice smooth stitching. The "Corners" feature of my DS Pro+ just won't work right. I have tried everything. It works on some corners and not on others. I have done one patch, but need to fix this before I do the others. Can someone, please, help me. I'll send the file to you.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Come on guys, I really need someone to look at my file and help me get this outline right. This is a $300 job that I need to get right.

Comment

Juli, does your software allow you to "change element"? If so, try changing to a column 1 and apply your advanced settings for short stitches and perhaps that along with the addition of points will help to smooth those problem corners. I know I have had some issues with the "corners" feature not always working. I have had better luck if I have not had the image enlarged while applying these features. Just a thought. Good Luck. Where's "Greenwing" when you need him?!

Comment

Julie:

Wish I could help but I'm not a master digitizer. I was wondering if CKramer was on the right track and if the singleline center element maybe needed to be changed to get the look you desired.

John
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Juli,

The corners tool will work, but sometimes you have to "tweak" the corner. By this I mean change the wireframe points in the corner area by moving them in real small amounts or by the addition of one or more wire frame points or the elimination of one or more wireframe points in the corner area. You can grab the singleline wireframe point in/at the corner point and tweak it up , down, left and right also....keep messing and you will find the "happy" place. It will change.... ;-))

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have tweaked till I can't see straight. The best that I could do is to tweak the stitch directions. We'll see if that helped any.

Comment

Juli,

Send me the file and I will take a look at it.

[email protected]

Rod Springer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I did another patch before I got your file, Rod. But now I have a new problem. The adhesive on the back of the twill is gumming up the needle so badly that I am having many thread breaks because of that. I have changed so many needles, I have gone through a pak and a half. And I am wipping the needle and the underside of the twill with silicone. I ordered more twill without any heat press adhesive. Hopefully, with your improved outline and the new twill I can finish the job.

Comment

I hear your pain. I had to sew through some thick glue from a glue gun once...yikes! I lowered the presser foot as much as I could, slowed the machine down, and stood there with a cotton swab with silicone on it wiping the needle frequently. I also often sew on flocked "velvet" which clumps up on the needle and requires wiping. I don't understand why you are going through so many needles; I just wipe mine off with some alcohol on a swab and continue sewing.

Comment

I finished the job. Jerome sent me a good file for the problem I was having with the inside corners that did really well. Thank you Jerome. And I was having massive trouble with the twill that had adhesive backing! So, ordered twill with the backing and that solved that problem. It just sewed without a problem. In 56,000 stitches each, it had only about 3 thread breaks ea. Looks so good. Am just waiting for the patch iron-on adhesive to arrive so I can finish up and collect $300.

Comment

I finished the job. Jerome sent me a good file for the problem I was having with the inside corners that did really well. Thank you Jerome. And I was having massive trouble with the twill that had adhesive backing! So, ordered twill with the backing and that solved that problem. It just sewed without a problem. In 56,000 stitches each, it had only about 3 thread breaks ea. Looks so good. Am just waiting for the patch iron-on adhesive to arrive so I can finish up and collect $300.

Comment

Another senior moment! It was not Jerome, but Rod who helped me out on the corners problem. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do that myself!

Comment

THANK GOD!

I thought I was having a senior moment...

maybe sleep digitizing or something....

;-)
                          [email protected]
                          Jerome in Minnesota
                          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                          X