White Dress Shirt Backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Dress Shirt Backing

Hi, I am running white dress shirts for the first time. The left chest logo is almost 10k stitches. I used a cutaway backing on the colored dress shirts I am also running, but on the white ones, you can see the backing through the shirt. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to use, no show mesh backing is not dense enough to hold the logo. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I use a seam ripper to trim the backing off of white shirts. You can get REALLY close without worry of cutting stitches or shirt.

Comment

Try using two layers of fusible nylon mesh with a piece of tear away inside. We call it the sandwich. Fusible just makes it stiffer but we don't iron it is place. After stitching tear away the tear away and trim the nylon mesh.
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

If you have a lot of them to do, I'd try Supersoft Tearaway from AES. Although it is a tearaway, it provides much more support than regular tearaway and doesn't leave the embroidery stiff. It comes both pre-cut and by the roll. Here's link with more info:

Welcome to American Embroidery Supply! Quality Products, Service You Can Stitch With

Comment

Working...
        X