Super Small Font Pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Small Font Pack?

So, about 6-12 months ago - we got a mailer in that advertised and actually demo'd a super small font library of about 12-15 fonts that did incredibly small sew-outs. Far below what I had seen before.

I had put it aside to contact about maybe getting a sample for write up and then post the results here - and then forgot about it.

Until today - when we were AGAIN struggling with small fonts and I thought about it and of course couldn't find it.

Anyone get anything similar? Possibly know what the company was? Probably need to go to the ISS Show again as it would no doubt be there.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

It is a font set from Gunold. I thunk there are six sets.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Originally posted by Wishes View Post
      It is a font set from Gunold. I thunk there are six sets.
      Way to go Wishes!

Anyone try this yet...
      Get specialty embroidery products, stitch savers, backing and more at Gunold USA. Serving commercial embroiderers for more than 80 years.
      John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

The secret to small fonts is not the program
        it is in the Needle and the thread.
        learning the density which is less then normal.
        and knowing the type of letters

Never use fonts with serifs they are the little feet and caps on some letters.
        use fonts of consistent width Arial is a good choice for example.
        avoid fancy and you should have success.
        use a continuous center walk as an under lay and adjust pull comp only by actual point not a percentage.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

forgot needle size 9/65 and 60 or 80 weight thread.
          I use bobbin thread and it works great.
          the video for the Gunold program even says this....
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

I hear you - but the nice thing about the font is that all the variables are already set. It's finding the right combination of density, size, stitch length, underlay that drives me batty. Getting clean lettering at or under .2 inches is just a pain in the rear most times. Obviously sanserif vs. serif and caps vs. lowercase letters helps. Just tired of spending so much time trying to get something that I like - and I'm very picky.

If anyone has settings and a font that comes standard that works for them, please post here.
            John Yaglenski

Comment

you can set your setting once for small fonts and then save as a STYLE lets say I don't know "small fonts" then use it every time you want a small font.

I have never found any software that requires no tweaking..
              and I do have an employee that has the Gunold software and she uses DS when she wants it perfect. the software is for "quick" as she says.
              there are several others out there none are perfect.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Again - would love hard examples of fonts and settings... I'm sure others would too. Maybe your employee can share them with you.
                John Yaglenski

Comment

Minimum Size: .20” (.508cm) all caps preferred
                  Density: 4.2 pt.
                  Primary Underlay: center walk 12pt sts length
                  Secondary Underlay: None
                  pull comp:1-2pt

this would be for a starting point.
                  is it set in stone no.

I find different machines can require different settings.

Most important
                  use a 9/65 needle and 60 to 80 weight thread.
                  if you use a reg. needle for very small text it will not come out as well.

Also a topping can do wonders.
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

also turn off short stitches.
                    [email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
                      Minimum Size: .20” (.508cm) all caps preferred
                      Density: 4.2 pt.
                      Primary Underlay: center walk 12pt sts length
                      Secondary Underlay: None
                      pull comp:1-2pt

this would be for a starting point.
                      is it set in stone no.

I find different machines can require different settings.

Most important
                      use a 9/65 needle and 60 to 80 weight thread.
                      if you use a reg. needle for very small text it will not come out as well.

Also a topping can do wonders.
                      What font/fonts?
                      John Yaglenski

Comment

Melco used to have a Premium font we could purchase called OESCO and it went down to .15 and stitches well. I don't know what happened to the Premium fonts Melco used to sell. I know some were added into the Version 9 Design Shop software.
                        Sharon Springer
                        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
                          Melco used to have a Premium font we could purchase called OESCO and it went down to .15 and stitches well. I don't know what happened to the Premium fonts Melco used to sell. I know some were added into the Version 9 Design Shop software.
                          Sharon Springer
                          Yep - we have that Sharon.

Ok, so today I broke down and went BACK to a 65/9 needle and 60 weight thread. Many moons ago, we had tried that combination with an early version of the AOS software and possibly even the old thread feed rollers.

Keep in mind - cotton pique was the norm then and honestly, we weren't impressed. Didn't like the results and because of that, never tried it again.

Fast forward to now - we had a client logo done by Sal at Tex-Inc that had small type (digitized) and were frustrated it wasn't turning out right. The text looked muddy and clumpy.

So, I pulled the 60 weight out, switched to a 65/9 BP and sewed out on microfiber shirts (can't remember the last time we did a big order on pique) and BINGO.

Yep, it looked like a million bucks. Text sewed great and was sharp and clean both caps and lowercase. Really nice.

Eating crow here - I'm sold. Probably will get some more basic colors in the 60 weight.

Just wanted to share. Thanks to Greenwing for convincing me to give it a shot again. Even my wife was skeptical... but we both were wrong.
                          John Yaglenski

Comment

you can tell which fonts will stitch well they have very simple lines and the holes created in the letters like B, A, R, are as large as they can be.
                            Look at the gunold software ad the words they use are the font names.
                            [email protected]
                            Jerome in Minnesota
                            (320)259-1151

Comment

I'll bet you are referring to the MicroFont series by Gunold. Try Cindy or www.gunold.com/
                              Debbie in Arizona

Comment

Working...
                              X