Sewing on dri weave knits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing on dri weave knits.

My son was wearing a NIKE dri weave polo that is slick. The embroidery was rippling and looked terrible. The backing was a cut away. I decided to make a new shirt using two layers of nylon mesh with a tear away inside and spray adhesive. Stitched out beautifully. No puckers. He washed it and it is very puckered. I am assuming that the mesh shrunk. I use nylon mesh are most dri weave especially light colors but now I am a bit concerned. I have not had customers complaining. Is there any other choice to use on dri weave, light colored fabric?
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

I'm interested in any replies to this post because I stopped using diagonal mesh because of shrinkage. Most of our designs are large (8" x 16" and larger). The mesh would shrink in just ironing the garments (satin and velvet, so my iron wasn't too hot).

Comment

The only time I have had mesh shrink that is from over drying throwing it in the dryer on normal full cycle will shrink it.
      I have instructed customers to dry performance ware on delicate or to line dry. they come out of the wash almost dry as it is.
      heat will shrink mesh...
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

The moral of this story is - don't use mesh if you expect to use heat, i.e. ironing or hot drying. This is also why I can't use the fusible mesh as I'd like to with large designs on satin. You folks have said that you don't have problems with shrinkage and fusible mesh, but I sure have - perhaps the size makes the difference in perceptible shrinkage.

Comment

I use Poly Mesh or by some called No Show and love it. I almost use it exclusively. It is not a fusible.
          Sharon Springer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X