stitching the side of cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitching the side of cap

URGENT! I need help with stitching the side of caps. A structured 6 panel cap. Putting last name and number for a baseball team. I have a big red with an old cap frame. I don't understand how to get the side in a position to stitch. I can only do the front. Have looked through every manual etc. Can someone please help me!

We use the pocket clamp with the cap driver. You can also use a slimline but I'm guessing you don't have either one of those so you might just have to go the old fashioned route and hoop it with a flat hoop. If it's on the back or the side you should be able to hoop it with a small round hoop. It's kind of a pain but you should be able to hoop it and sew it flat. Lonny
    Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

This might help.

It's a video of my wife using a 6" hoop to sew on the back of a cap. Lonny
      Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

Lonny, thanks for both posts. It is on the side so I am doing it with a small round hoop. Yes it's a pain! I do not understand the clamping system, but have asked about them before. Are they worth it? How do you use them? How do I order them? So confused. Much of what people post is pretty much over my head.

Comment

I think the clamping system is will worth it. They are expensive but we use ours all the time. Your can go to hooptech and there are videos for you to see how to use. They are available from several vendors. If you don't want to spend that much check out fastframes. They are less expensive because they aren't as complicated. Both also can use sticky backing to make your item more secure. Most of the time I just use clips similar to the ones on the cap frame posts.
          Fastframes also has videos.
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

If you have the 270 wide angle cap driver you have the ability to sew the sides. Hoop the cap as shown in the video on this site. Make sure you position the side of the cap paralel to the edge of the cap frame. Use the clamps that secure the rear portion of the cap to the posts and the cap is ready to go.
            Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

The pocket clamp I was talking about is here

not a fast frame or slimline. It comes with the new machines. You would want to check with Melco but I think it works on all the cap drivers

Comment

Working...
              X