Digitizng a curve, or bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitizng a curve, or bend

Hello all, newbie here. I tried digitizing a U shape and I am not getting satisfactory results. Keeping in mind I'm not actually using the letter "U", just the shape, the upright, or vertical, parts of the shape do well with a horizontal satin stich. My probelm lies at the beginning and ends of the 'bend' area. If the uprights are stitched horizontally, for example, the same stitch direction is used in the bend area making the shape look like ****. Granted, the shape is in three segments, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make the threads "go with the shape" and give it the same look as the straight part.
    HEP, please HEP me!
    _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

You need to click on the stitch direction icon over on the left side. Put one each across the two top uprights. That will do it.

I think it may depend on the level of software you have too.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Use your Column 1 tool to create the column. Keep your connectors straight across the column except in the curve and use right clicks of the mouse to create a curve points and pie shaped sections as you traverse around the curve. Always start with 2 left clicks of the mouse and end with 2 left clicks of the mouse when using the Column 1 tool. Refer to your Help section vidios to help you with this understanding. Search for "Creating Columns".

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Density may be set to low.
        Chris & Cindy

Comment

Working...
        X