What hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hoop

anyone know which hoop will give me the largest stitching area on the Amaya XT?
    Thank You,<br />Donna<br />Zbest Embroidery

The sash frame but you also need the extended arms it allows you to use the full sewing field
    16"x15.6"

I Have found that it also is a good idea to use the large table attachment with this hoop helps keep it form bouncing so much.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

If you go to www.shopmelco and search "hoop 43", the three largest will come up. The 53 x 43 requires extender arms that are very pricey; the whole package is over $400. This provided the largest sew area at the time the I bought my equipment. I now see that they have a 43 x 53 which doesn't require arms because it's oriented 90 degrees from the old one. It seems to me that this might require a table-top accessory to minimize bouncing - does any one know? I've had my eye on it for a while.
      The 53cm width on the largest hoop is deceptive because the Amaya can only move to about 8" either side of the x axis, so the limit that direction is a bit over 16". Since about 16" is the y axis limit for a 43cm tall hoop, the maximum size for these is a bit more than 16"x16" - except where the rounded corners reduce the size.
      I'd love to know if the full 20" vertical can be used with the 43 x 53 hoop if anyone knows.
      My hoop limits, as they show up on the screen, are rectangular even though the hoop has rounded corners, so I have digitized a walk stitch with the actual limits so I know exactly how far I can place stitches in the corners since the hoop limits won't detect stitches in theses corners. I hope this makes sence.

Comment

or rather, sense!

Comment

Thank you for your information - very helpful
          Thank You,<br />Donna<br />Zbest Embroidery

Comment

No, the full 20" is not available but as the hoop goes well beyond the stitchable area, you have the full width across. Sometimes I use it with my letterman's jackets.

Dorothy
            Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Dorothy, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you are able to stitch designs wider than 43cm (16"+)? My Big Red gives a y axis error message if I try to stitch wider than about 8" to either side of the x axis, even with hoop limits disengaged.

Or have you tried the 53cm high hoop and can stitch almost the full 20", top to bottom? If so, do you need the table-top accessory to control bounce?

Comment

I have the 53cm high/tall hoop. You are still limited to the 16" or so but because the physical hoop is much longer you have the full width availableunlike the 43"cm square hoop where the corners are rounded. I don't have any bounce problems with letterman's jackets.

Dorothy
                Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

I should add, the full width is only available on the end opposite the machine.

Dorothy

Comment

OK, I think I understand. The 53 x 43 and the 43 x 53 have about the same sew field (approx. 16"x16"), but the first has its widest available area across the center of the design and requires extender arms; the second has the widest area across the lower part of the design and can be used with conventional arms. Too bad, I was hoping for an available area longer or wider than 16".

Comment

Working...
                    X