Full Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Fill

The fill stitch doesn't fully fill the area stitched. We can see through the stitches to the material beneath. Is there a setting that will really FILL the area with stitches? Any ideas?
    Bruce & Suzanne<br />B&S Enterprises

What is your density set at I find 4.0 is normally good but some prefer 3.8 or even 3.6
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

And on pique I go down to 3.3 with a 20 density underlay and a 35 point stitch length.
      Gregory

Comment

Doesn't much of the density setting depend on the type of fill used and underlay? I noticed on the preset fills that come with DS the default density for each fill is a bit different. Does anyone know if the preset densities are set for broadcloth types of materials or what?

Comment

I find the more consistant (lined up) the needle penitrations are the more yo get show through.

And the closer the stitch points are the more you need to increase coverage. And the worse te push gets in the fill area. that can cause cupping.
          even with underlay.

I have tried to avoid going too heavy do my best to make it the happy medium.

and If there is any layering I try to go with a 5 and higher if I can.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
          X