Puckering on poly blend woven dress shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckering on poly blend woven dress shirts

We've asked that the logo (a two line name of a college) be digitized to eliminate puckering on poly/cotton blend (easy care or non-iron) dress shirts (still puckers) I've "glued" tear away backing to the back of the shirt and also backed it with another sheet of medium tear away backing, used a combination of crisp tear away and soft tear away, used a 10 sharp needle, used an 11 light ball point needle, NOT stretched it in the hoop, used a fabric window for stability, changed some thread feed numbers, loosened the bobbin tension, used waxed paper. What directions should I move the thread feed (column feed, run/fill feed) to help the stitches not pull (particularly at the tops of columns of letters like A and M)? . Poly/cotton blend woven dress shirts always pucker. The logo does just fine on a pique shirt. We’ve been embroidering for 3 years. Help! (I’m working on an Amaya XT.)
    Bill

I rarely do lettering but from other column stitches that I've digitized I can tell you that it is probably not pulling in but pushing put that is causing your puckering. This is a problem that is particularly noticeable where an element comes to a sharp point (i.e. the tops of an A or M); the stitches piling up in the corner cause the fabric to be pushed out, particularly if it is lightweight. A hint that Rod and Sharon gave me that has helped is to cap these types of corners. I'm not sure how this would work for lettering so someone else will have to jump in here. It's probably not a problem on the pique because the fabric has enough stretch to accommodate the stitching.

Comment

Working...
    X