UNDERLAY for TEATOWELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNDERLAY for TEATOWELS

I know tea-towels are usually printed, but I have been asked to embroider an outline of the island I live on, plus add print and/or pics of local wildlife for the Easter Sunday Markets. If I use wash away (what else/), should I use 2 layers in the hoop? Should I use wash-away on top as well? Tearaway leaves a fuzzy mess. I am not sure if the wash away I have (supplied with Amaya - no ID on it)is really good quality, as it seems to need to be scrubbed away, rather than dabbed away. Maybe I just need a better technique. Hope you an help.
    amayaki

To do any towel, I use 2 layer of 3 oz. tearaway and solvy on top. I've never had any problems or complaints doing it this way. The leftover backing (if it's not a complete fill and has some spaces between elements) should wash away after a couple of cycles in the washer.
    Gregory

Comment

The tea-towels we use in Oz don't have any pile - just plain linen or cotton with the tiniest bit of fuzz.

I have no idea of the weight of the tearaway - I assume '3oz' refers to the weight of a pe-determined squared size (e.g. 3oz per 1 square foot or yard or some such). Someone might know.

My design is a map outline in satin stitch - unfilled centre, with or without some lettering.

My biggest concern is for the untidy backing, but I take confidence from your suggestion, Gregory, do I'll give it a go; with thanks for your reply.
      amayaki

Comment

Working...
      X