Digitizing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitizing Question

This one is for the know it alls! [img]redface.gif[/img] ) Okay. So ..... I am fairly good at digitizing. We keep 99% of all designs in house and they run and look great, if I may say so myself. HOWEVER..... I need help. Say for instance, you digitize a design with a bunch of elements and when it comes time to sewing the detail part of the design (outlines, shadows, etc....), usually in black. I want them all to be running stitches. I can digitize them all using vector lines and then convert them all to walk stitches but when I click on them and try to auto-sequence them, it cant. How is this done? I know it can, right? Or when you get a design "professionally" done, do they literally, hand draw each line as one continuous element? I understand some would have to be run over twice to backtrack to the next element but .... huh???? HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you trying to auto-seq the entire design at once or doing one color change at a time? What level of software do you have?

Comment

Pro Plus. Tried both, i think... If I design something with just vector lines, then convert them to walks, then autosequence, it doesnt...

Comment

If i remember correctly, which is a big IF, there is something about walking stitches, specifically, that they just don't want to seq. When I took the Adv. Digitizing at Melco in So. Calif years ago, we were given a graphic to manually digitize. This design had lots of black outlines, with all kinds of little legs and offshoots. The instructor made us follow her every instruction, a little outline at a time. By the time we got finished, the complicated outline ran continuously without trims. This was a BIG eyeopener for me. It was a combination of regular run stitches and triple bean. Say you were going to just make an E out of one row of outline. Starting at the top right do a bean stitch over and down until you come to the center leg of the E. Do a walk out to the end and back. Then continue with a bean. This gives a bean outline all around. And although you have 3 parts, it runs continuously as one part without trims or ties. Of course, a tie at the beginning and end of the E.

The auto sequencing in DS is very good, BUT not perfect. And you know what they say about auto digitizing - nothing is better than manually digitizing! And here you have the perfect example.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
        X