hooping hats???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hooping hats???????

I just recently started to try and sew hats on my amaya xt. I have watched the video and read the directions but when it's time to sew the hat, it slides off. I have tried tightening the strap but no luck. Is there a secret to sewing hats or am I doing something wrong?

You are using the WACF I assume. To me, that is the largest factor in your troubles. So many of us have had issues with these cap frames. Do yourself a favor and invest in a couple of conventional cap frames- that is, if you are only going to do the fronts of the caps. You can use a regular round hoop to do the backs (12 cm. round).
    Gregory

Comment

I have two conventional cap frames that I got with my big reds (don't know if these are different for the XTs) that I never use. I have tried them for various projects and always find that the WACFs always work better FOR ME! Melco has these frames on sale for $225. I would be happy to sell the pair for $200. Direct e-mail below.

David Sklar
      Ballyhoo!
      Arlington VA
      [email protected]
      David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

That's funny that you say that about the conventional cap frame. I just googled it, and I actually have it but never used it. I don't even know how to use it. Are there instructions anywhere on the web that I can read?

Comment

The conventional hat frames are EASY to use! Certainly easier than the WACFs. Just try it.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
          X