X Cable tension - how often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Cable tension - how often?

We have 2 XTS about 1-1/2 Yrs old, started having to adjust x-axis cable tension this summer on both machines, still having to from time to time, this doesn't seem normal. I am afraid, sooner rather than later, we will come to a point where we can't do it any further with these cables. How often should this be needed and are we possibly doing something to create this need?

I have followed the directions using the gauge to tighten them

Thanks for any info, John

John,

The X axis cable tension will affect column widths registration along with other things of course... Techs use an expensive force guage to determine the correct tension of 10 + or - .5 lbs on the cable. The supplied guage is a relatively new item and it will get you in the ballpark but will never allow you to know exactly where you are really at.

If the gauge is used properly and your embroidery appears ok as far as registration is concerned, then I would leave well enough alone. The key thing to consider being...if the machine is sounding ok and the embroidery looks "ok", colums are not fluctuating in width, etc, then I would not adjust the cbles anymore often then is necessary.

Cables under tension can and will stretch and when you run out of adjustment, it will have to be replaced, which on the Amaya is not the easiest task to perform....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

John,

As Rod said "if the gauge is used properly".
      Are you adjusting the cable so that you can see it through the large square cut out of the gauge , or are you adjusting it to the smaller cut out?

The smaller opening is only to be used if a new cable is being installed.

So like Rod said, if you find that the tension keeps dropping you might have a problem.

Hugo Torbidoni
      301-471-3157
      Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

I originally experienced the loud groaning noise that I read so much about here. I got the metal guage and made the adjustment, Noise gone! One month later it was back, adjusted again, noise gone. It's happening more and more, every time I get the guage plate it is resting down on the clip like cutout, I crank it up into the big notch. Now my thought has become that this can't be good and realize at some point you can't crank it any further as you run out of cable to adjust or guess you get the stretched point.

Comment

This is what humans call aging. Nature of the beast. Put oil in the hole & let it go.
          Gregory

Comment

Working...
          X