Embroidering SMALL cheerleader pullover tops with a jacketback hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidering SMALL cheerleader pullover tops with a jacketback hoop

Chalk it up to I can't say no to a good challenge.

Another embroiderer was too busy to do these, so the client found me. The size of the design is too large for any of the round hoops, and works in the jacketback hook (14 by 11-ish). By the time the shirts get on the hoop, they are so tight the back catches in the hook when moving around. I did the first one by keeping my arms inside the shirt after I rescued it; the hook folded the back of the shirt up and into the design.

Today I went to the fabric store and purchased a sheet of quilters template. It's a sheet of plastic. I got the heavy duty stuff. Rounded off the corners of the leading edge, fed it in UNDER the arm, pinned the bottom of the shirt closed to keep it in, and pushed the green button.

It keeps the back out of the hook, and was on sale for $2.50. Cheapest fix I ever did find!

I really like hints like this. I have been there too but just had to use what I had on hand - which was my hand.

I just finished the job from hell! I should have known better, but my ego just wouldn't let me say no. I'm done. Not my finest work, but I just don't care by now!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
    X