Large fill designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large fill designs

I have a client who wants a 5" Mickey Mouse on a large med thick bath towel and I need someone to tell me how to make 25,000 stitches look good!! I have an Amaya XT with Design Shop V9. This is not a Melco design. I purchased it for this customer.

Frances

Get a similar towel to the one you have (cheaper, but close) and try thick tear-away backing (at least 3 oz.) with solvy on top, and sew out a sample.
    Gregory

Comment

Thanks Gregory...I have tried that and it just seems the design is "heavy". I don't want it to curl up with the first wash. I've nervous because of the number of stitches. I'm still new to this. Really appreciate all the help.

Comment

That is understandable. It sounds as if the towel is just for show, and that is a good thing- it won't be washed or used that much. Good luck with your project(s). We are here when you need us.
        Gregory

Comment

Sometimes adding your own underlay in the same colors as the finish stitches can help to knock down the pile and by adding this same colored background will allow you to lighten the density of those larger fill stitch areas and still provide coverage. Take Gregory's advice and play with it on an old towel to see how much you can reduce the density and still provide good coverage. Careful that you don't make up the entire difference of reducing density by the added underlay or you defeat the purpose. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X