Stiffner used in cap front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiffner used in cap front

I was wondering does anyone know what they use to give body to the bill of a baseball cap and where can you get it? Thanks for any information that anyone can give me!!

You need to purchase tear away that is 3.0 or higer. It is thicker. If the hats are unstructured you may need two layers. You can purchase this backing at Maderia Mart or Cotsworth Industries. You can buy in a packet or ona roll. Fred Lebow has an excellent website a out backing also.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I think your question was what is the interior of a baseball cap bill. Not the stabilizer for embroidery.

I have seen everything from cardborad to plastic to a vwery highend wool rayon and binder mix board.

We have made ball caps here as 4H projects and we just used timtex.
      it is about 3/16th of an inch thick and was easy to stitch through since that is what it is made for.

as for where to get the "real" thing I would contact one of the suppliers that have a piece / panel program (that is where they send you the panels prior to construction to embroider then you send them back ) they may be willing to sell it to you.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks everyone so very much for responding. Yes you were right Jerone, it was the interior of the cap bill that I was talking about. Sorry I did't express myself clearer. I will try the timtex and also check with Fred. Again thanks.

Comment

The stiffener used in the caps is called Buckram. It is the same stiffener used for the heading on drapery and can be found in the home-dec section of most fabric stores. HTH.

Comment

Working...
          X