Need help for choosing new hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for choosing new hoops

I need to purchase new larger hoops that can do luggage etc. I have seen the video for magnetic and claming systems. What exactly do I need to order to start me out being able to do large items that will pop out of ordinary hoops?
    Thanks

The fast frame system works well for these. I have the 7 in 1.
    Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

Do you know all the part numbers or is it one set with one number?
      Thanks

Comment

We have the fast frame set and those hoops are all fairly small. I think our largest is maybe 7x10"

I'm not in love with them, honestly, as I find it very difficult to get an appropriate tension on the item to be embroidered. This could, of course, be operator error.

Comment

I love the magnetic hoops that fit my Hoop Master and the Hoop Tech Slim-line clamps. Just don't love the price but they have paid for themselves many times!
          My competition brings me all the bags and heavy jackets they can't hoop. I just did Caarhart jackets with sherpa lining that even the magnetic hoops are barely able to hang onto.
          Good hunting.
          Jo
          Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

I do not like FastFrames. I use them at times as a last resort. When the item is heavy, like luggage, it has to be supported by hand to keep the frame from flexing and banging into the arm.

I like the magnetic hoops for bulky items because they are often difficult to get flat while hooping. The magnetic hoops make it relatively easy (with strong hands) to pull on the fabric to make it tight and the hoops do not separate. They also hold over seams and zippers.

I have not tried the slimline frames.

David Sklar
              Ballyhoo!
              Arlington, VA
              David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

No one has mentioned what type of backing they are using with the fast frames.

Even tho there are times when "sticky backing" seems to be the only way to go with the fast frames, we seldom use the sticky anymore. We lay a piece of cut-a-way backing over the top of the frame, fold it over the sides and use small pieces of tape to hold it in place. We then lay the garment over the top of this and use small close pin style spring clamps which can be found at Home Depot or Lowes, etc.... to secure the garment to the fst frame. Sticky backing can just cause too many other issues to pop up so we use it sparingly.

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I know a lot of people that love one kiind of hoop and others that like other types. We love the fast frame and use it so much we bought another whole set to use. We do the same thing with the backing. We only use the sticky backing when we have too. We use the clamps that we buy that are really office supplies to hold the items to the frames. We tape the backing on with masking tape to the frame and then use the clips for the items. We have purchased two other sizes also for larger sewouts. One day I hope to buy even more sizes.
                  Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X