Fills on cap fronts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fills on cap fronts

when digitizing for caps I know one wants to work from inside to outside and bottom to top. When working with fills, say a rectangle, is just moving from bottom to top of rectangle good enough to keep things nice or how does one move from inside to outside using a fill. Have tried laying down 2 fills, overlapping, but didn't really look quite right, plus that makes for addtional trims which slow things down of course. ??? Just wanting to do it the best way. Thanks.

I duplicate the fill, then I move the wireframe points to make each of these the left and right half. I sew the entire underlay at once, and then sew the left side and then the right, from the inside out and bottom up. Be aware of where your entry and exit points are- entry at bottom, exit at top center on the first half, and that way there will be no trim in between the halves. This is a simplified explanation of my way, but with some experimentation, I'm sure you will find your way to do what I'm talking about. Hope this is of help to you. And I hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving!
    Gregory

Comment

Thanks, Sounds like I may need to do a bit of experimenting with this, but how I have a guideline to help. Wish I had more time to experiment with things, but, sadly production takes precidence of course.

Comment

Experimentation is the best way to learn what works best for you. I have also found if you stabilize the fill with a good underlay (center out like Gregory suggested) the fill can be a bottom up and work well most of the time.

Steve
        Trinity Emb.
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
        X