Help! Neoprene laptop bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Neoprene laptop bag

I started to embroider on a very thick neoprene padded bag and stopped after 2 letters. The letters were sunk way into padding. I removed the thread but have the imprint of the letters, the padding did not bounce back. Need advice on next step here...
    do I change font to a thicker column? and perhaps set acti-feed on thickest material (I had it set on auto) and try running again
    or
    make a "patch" of the design to iron-on over the mistake. I do not know how iron friendly neoprene is!
    ANY ADVICE/RECOMMENDATIONS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    THANK YOU!
    Tricia
    Tricia
    Sharp Threads
    Almont, MI

I would rehoop and sew a rectangle that was just slightly larger than the lettering and sew it in the same color as the bag, then when you sew the lettering it should not sink down and look pretty good, we use the same technique on fleece.
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Ron,
      Thanks for your reply. I ended up making a patch and gave it to my customer. He was very understanding--
      Lesson learned! Think long and hard before assuming that I can embroider everything. I'm not proud of how this job turned out at all.
      So if I sew a rectangle first, should I set the acti-feed to 19 due to thickness of material or assume auto will allow for that. Don't really have anything that thick to practice on.
      Tricia
      Sharp Threads
      Almont, MI

Comment

Working...
      X