My first attempt at beanies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first attempt at beanies

I've read through the threads on embroidering on beanie type caps, and see that most people use fast frames or slimline clamps. I don't have either one, and I'm thinking a round hoop would be best? The design I'll be using is 2.3 x 2.1 inches and about 6700 stitches. It's not a solid dense design, it has a lot of open area and stitches great on a regular cap with the WACF. I plan to use a solvy on top to prevent the stitches from sinking between the ribs. What backing would be best? Medium cut-away? Mesh, one layer or two? Should the design be on the cuff or just above?
    Any advice you Guru's can offer will be a big help! Thanks.

I use a heavy (3.5 oz) tear away backing, and solvy on top. Generally use the the 12 mm. hoops & turn the design upside down.
    Gregory

Comment

If you have a pocket clamp that attaches to your cap frame that would work well also. You can just slide your stabilizer underneath the beanie as you are sewing instead of trying to hoop it. Since your design is pretty small I think it will fit. I use my pocket clamp for a lot of different things, have used it more for other items than for pockets. I haven't tried a beanie on it but it's the first thing that came to my mind when I read your thread.
      Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

Working...
      X