hat seams and thread breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hat seams and thread breaks

I am stitching on the structured hats and all goes well until I hit the middle seam, then I have thread break after thread break. No where else on the hat does it do this. Any suggestions?
    Blessings~cindy

Cindy,

Assuming that your threadbreak sensor is working properly.....

This is what the "auto lower limit" feature is all about. Are you using it?

If not go into Settings, Threadfeed and manually input 6 (for starters) into the auto lower limit tab box. This will tell the material thickness to never go below 6 or whatever number you wish to control the material thickness at.

You must remember to reset the auto lower limit back to 1 or 2 for sewing on the average flat work. Having the auto lower limit set too high will result in the machine giving you false threadbreak indications because the thread is too loose around the threadbreak sensor.....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you, Rod, I will check that. I'm doing visors right now, so will go back to that job later in the afternoon. I had my material thickness at 6 on the std. feed mode. Still only breaks around that thick middle seam. It is so aggravating!

I appreciate your help!
      Blessings~cindy

Comment

Cindy,

In the days that all we had was the standard mode and auto ativ-feed was only a twinkle in their eye.....the rule of thumb was to set your material thickness on caps to 12 and leave it there for most caps.

Why are you not using the auto activ-feed? The auto lower limit will only work if the auto activ-feed is enabled. It does not apply to the manual settings on the standard side.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X