Re: Blending and file types for saving design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blending and file types for saving design

A question was asked about the blending tool to create effects in a design and it was mentioned by Rod and Sharon, (who give awesome info)that one cannot save these designs (and states in the help section) as condensed files. We have the option of saving as multiple files obviously, but Melco has the 3 choices itself for cnd. exp. or ofm. So what type of file is the ofm. and can one save the design in that format? I had some issues with colors myself, but had more trouble with the custom density holding and I had saved it as an ofm. the first few trys. We have DS pro + ver. 9 I really hate saving as exp if not necessary as one cannot edit it near as easily without changing to wireframe and then of course you have a zillion parts to work with. Just wondering.....ofm file type okay for these types of designs??? Rod??

I am the one that was having the issue that Rod helped out.

I did save the file in OFM and that is what created the problem. the AOS did not allow it to load properly.

If I were to use the BLEND TOOL...

I had to save it in both OFM and EXP
    OFM to edit
    EXP to stitch

I ended up not using the BLEND tool as I fould if I used only custom density it saved OFM fine.
    And sewed fine. So I did the design in layers of single layer custom density.

the only diff. I can see is I did the blending, Instead of the machine.

I have the same version of DS as you do.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks Jerome for the follow up....

As for the type of file the OFM is....I am not a computer geek, but OFM appears to be a true wireframe format where "whole elements" are created individually. CND appears to be an exp,sss,hus,xxx, etc...that has been converted to wireframe and saved as a condensed file(cnd).

If you look at a cnd file, you will see that most of the elements are broken up into multiple pieces. If you create a true ofm file and then save it as an exp, then convert it back to ofm(wireframe) for editing, it will look just like a cnd file where most of the elements are now broken up into multiple pieces.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
        X