Bobbin thread showing on tiny columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin thread showing on tiny columns

I am sewing out a butterfly on poly cotton with cutaway (2.0) backing, one layer. I have some pretty small colums (outlines)ranging from 8 pt - 50 pt and I am getting bobbin pull up on them. I have tightened the tension, I have changed the Settings by Color (currently at 34 for column feed), I have tried changing the material thickness (currently at 5). Nothing seems to make any difference. I get a good tight hoop. The fill is just fine and the bigger columns are good too. Do I need to change density in Design Shop (currently at 4.0) or make other changes on the Amaya. Help!!

Try setting the column feed even lower, maybe as low as 28 to 30. I stitch very thick leather vests, and sometimes I will run column feed as low as 22-24, and the fill as high as 120. These machines have so many adjustments- we just have to figure out how to utilize all of the tools at our disposal to the best of our ability- especially those of us who haven't had any Melco training. JMTCW...
    Gregory

Comment

Also, you can try a #10 needle. The difference between using a #11 and a #10 for small columns and tiny text is quite amazing.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
      X