Bobbins to match top threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbins to match top threads

I need to wind bobbins to match the top thread where the back will show. The design is tone on tone. I have the 60 weight thread. Where can I buy the empty bobbins?

Thanks everyone for any help you can give me!
    Debbie in Arizona

Search size L bobbins on eBay. Sharp Sewing Supplies (in Los Angeles) is where I get a lot of my sewing machine stuff. Good service and good merchandise.

Comment

Or if you're only doing one or two colors, you can buy them at your local fabric store. As Judy said, size L.
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Debbie,

Do you have a bobbin winder?
        Marcelle Lewis
        http://embroideryavenue.com
        http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

I have a Bernina 1630 (old) and a 730 (newer) home machines and the bobbins that fit them fit the XT. I have sewn with them without problems, and that means I can also wind them on my sewing machines. I suspect the bobbin cases are identical as well, but have not had a need to put a Bernina embroidery bobbin case (has the pigtail) in the XT so have not tested the theory. If the bobbins are the same fit, they should be interchangeable, but despite really really liking my technician, I hate to pay the fees.
          Carol Brussel
          Brussel Embroidery
          Carol Brussel<br />Brussel Embroidery<br />Denver CO<br /><a href=\"http://www.BrusselEmbroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BrusselEmbroidery.com</a>

Comment

I do have a bobbin winder.....Regular Ls don't work well.............I remember reading something on this bulletin board referring to Bernina bobbins but I haven't been able to find it now. My machine is a Big Red.

Thanks for the tip Carol.
            Debbie in Arizona

Comment

??
              Regular Ls don't work well
              ??

The Amaya uses Size L bobbins
              There is only one size for L bobbins.
              Bernina uses size L most baby lock and brother do also. Some use size 15/A bobbins which will not fit the Amaya.

Size 15/A are thicker then L
              amd There is also a size M bobbin that is the one that fits most quilting machines they are both thicker and wider then the size L or 15/A.

There are poorly made versions of them all which may cause problems.
              But over all any quality size L should be able to work in the Amaya.

You have never used pre-wound plastic bobbins before?

If so you can rewind these empties with the same thread and your good to go.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you for this information. The L size bobbins I have for other machines don't fit as snuggly in the bobbin case as the prewound bobbins I use do, I use MagnaGlide prewound bobbins. For the life of me I cannot see how you rewind a Magnaglide bobbin. Also other brands such as Coats and Clark with the cardboard sides don't seem to hold up well in my bobbin winder.
                Thank you for the information regarding the size. I will reorder some new L from the site suggested and try them.
                Debbie in Arizona

Comment

Fil-tec sells empty bobbin spools.
                  Or you can just buy a selection of colored bobbins for use when you must have the back more finished. they are called Clear glide bobbins.

Your right I was not refering to sideless magna core. When I was talking about rewinding.
                  I would never use a carboard sided bobbin much less refill one.

But the Nebs bobbins are plastic sided and work well.
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                  X