sewing on fleece blankets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewing on fleece blankets

I have been sewing on fleece blankets for quite a while and am just not happy w/the way the design seems to sink into the fleece and around the area seems to "pop up". I have adjusted the density on my designs, but this still happens. For example, I am doing a dog head right now, complete fill stitch. I have the density set on as high as it will go w/o the fleece showing through.

Is there another setting I can tweak to eliminate this problem so that the design doesn't look like it's sinking into the blanket?

Thanks for your help!
    Blessings~cindy

I truly hope you don't have the density set as "high as it will go" a 4 ro 3.8 should be quiet dense enough.

Make sure your underlay compresses the area I find a 20 to 15 is good. and on some really lofted things I will go with a underlay in two directions at 90 degree to each other.

as for around the edge you can instead of setting a underlay under the design elements sew a underlay in the color of the throw in a circle , square of abstract shape larger then the design as a field to stitch the design in.

Now with that said a solvy topping can do wonders for keeping the fleece from lofting in the center of the design also.

If your having trouble with thin columns like lettering then you need to add pull compensation.
    some times as much as 4,5 or 6 mm. on fleece percent setting does not work well.
    a 2 mm column @ 125% is increased to 2.5
    a 20 mm column @ 125 is increased to 25mm
    an both are trying to compensate for a material thickness of 2mm. you will still loose the 2.5mm stitch.
    If you add 2mm to each you would have columns of 6mm for the 2mm and 24mm for the 20 mm and the design will look normal.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

No, what I meant is I have played w/the density so that the number is as "high" as it will go w/o the blanket showing underneath...it covers just the right amount, so it's at 5.2, actually.

I do use solvy. My problem really is that the design looks great and does great, but the fleece puffs where there is no design.

This particular design is a cirlce w/ a lab head in the middle, so the areas b/w the singleline circle and the dog head puff up. I just wondered if there was a way to prevent this.

Thanks for your information...
      Blessings~cindy

Comment

as I said you can insert a bacground sititching like in this sample I threw together.

Copy the above link and paste it.

It would hold the fleece down and is if done in a color similar to the blanket color it would blend in.

Just a thought..
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
        X