Metallic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic Thread

Still new to embroidery, just want to stitch text on cotton tanktops with Metallic Silver thread. I am not having an issue with thread breaks, but it seems that the letters are missing stitches. Works fine with regular poly thread. Any help?Any ideas?
    ..Thank you.

Metallic thread is slightly thicker than regular thread and must be digitized properly. Who did the digitizing?

Comment

It was me, sort of. I installed a TTF to match what the customer wanted. So I should have it actually digitized and let them know it will be used for Metallic thread? Thanks!!

Comment

Try slowing the machine down and see if that helps with the missing stitches.

Also, I stitch out designs from TTF in metallic a lot around the holidays. I've never had a problem with needing to get them digitized differently. You do need to read up a bit and make sure you have your density set properly and that you're using an appropriate needle and backing as metallic thread does sew a lot differently than standard thread.

Comment

Hey
          I do a LOT of metallic thread on knits like kids shirt, and I have no issues, I use this trick http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi...94.html#000008
          great tip for FONTS ans o I use this technique for metallic thread too, just adjust it to your needs. (even if it is not something small it works great. Also, a few days ago I was using metallic thread and I slowed down the machine (common sense and know how) BUT my thread started breaking, then on my second shirt with the same design I forgot to slow down the machine and was sewing at about 1150 and to my surprise the metallic thread actually behaved better and the stitching was PERFECT, you can see my finished item at www.PoshLittleThingsBlog.blogspot.com , hope this helps!
          Jazmin in San Antonio<br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for the help... 1100 seems to be a sweet spot and i think i got it. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Comment

Working...
            X