Embroidery on Cable Knit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery on Cable Knit

Hi All! Fairly new (1 year)to embroidery and have a request to embroider on a Cable Knit Throw... any pointers from my fellow experienced embroiderer's would be greatly appreciated...
    Janet

Funny, I had one come in yesterday and the designer and I decided it just wouldn’t do the blanket justice. First, poly thread would look really cheap on it so I suggested using Burmi Lana which I have had great success with. But after looking at the “v” pattern and an open lace work in-between each “v” of the knitted pattern, we decided it just wasn’t a good candidate for embroidery.

Comment

Thank you GF... I think I'm just going to pass on this job... especially since it is the customer's product...
      Janet

Comment

What is your approx stitch count?
        Is your design dense?
        Any satin or other intensive type stitching?
        Is the shirt thin and stretchy?
        What is the weight?
        Can you see thru the shirt?
        I will probably suggest the mesh and a tearaway
        or two layers of the digaonal nylon mesh cross patterned

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-reviews.htm - mesh

But your answers will help esp if you ewant to avoid the backing "shadow" and the "raised emblem" effect
        How is that for a name?
        The raised emblem effect
        where you see a bump in the shirt. A thin shirt
        I may have coined a new term? raised emblem effect well - sounds good asyway

As always pls e-mail me off list direct and we will gladly send samples for your own tests

Fred
        Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Working...
        X