crooked pocket + name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crooked pocket + name

When embroidering a name to go along with a left crest logo which is placed over a crooked pocket, how should you line up the name? If lined up with LC it makes the whole garment look crooked. If placed straight it really brings attention to the crooked pocket & LC logo. Can't afford to return that many t's in hopes of better pockets. On a time line and it seems there are no garatee's with some of the cheaper shirts some companys request.

First of all, what brand is it that is putting out that many crooked pockets? I would keep one around to discourage other companies from buying them. As for your dilema, line your name up with the pocket. Center it over the pocket and line it up horizontally as well. The line of the pocket will cause your eye to follow it.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

We get fatigues (Vietnam era) from Rothco. They are a pain (virtually every placement is custom for each design), but I just hoop it straight (perpindicular to the floor), and our customers seem perfectly happy. Best thing to do is get customer approval/input before doing the entire run. Best of luck!
      Gregory

Comment

Thanks Sharon, that's a good idea to keep one around to show clients, perhaps the maker as well! I'm afraid I didn't mention that I am putting the name on the right chest and the logo is positioned over the pocket on the left chest using the method you mentioned. That is why I am wondering how one should line up the name. go with the logo which is straight with the pocket, but crooked on the shirt, or place the name straight according to the placket if you have one, or straight accross with the shirt itself. I appreciate you and Rod's expertise as always!

Comment

Wow, that is a tough call. I'm afraid I would call the customer in, let him see the quality of the shirts he ordered and have a better quality available to show the difference. I would hope he would send all the bad shirts back and go with a higher quality. If not, let him make the decision so there is no blame on you. Put the ball in the customer's court.
          Sharon
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X