HELP! Shirt has a burned tear accros it after embroidering it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Shirt has a burned tear accros it after embroidering it

I just got through embroidering a t-shirt. I put cutaway on the inside and solvy on top/also used 80/11 ballpoint needles. For some reason the hoop or whatever ended up making or tearing the fabric straight accross the shirt. I've never had that happen. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them and if so WHY? I just got my machine AMAYA-XTS in August, but I've been doing business with a home machine for the last 9 years so I know something about embroidery except for this problem. PLEASE HELP if you can.

Max

What kind of needles did you use? If you didn't use balls, then you possibly cut the fibers.

Susan

Comment

Your needle would have been 75/11 or 80/12 ballpoint. The 75 & 80 are metric and 11 & 12 are American. you should stay at 75/11 or finer for tees.

If you cut the shirt along the hoop while stitching you may have your hoop arms bent down and this is causing rubbing against the bobbin shaft.

Or if you cut it while pressing the hoop together loosen the hoop tension.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

I've used these needles before on the same shirts and when I repositioned the arms I made sure that they were on tight enough and they weren't pointed down that I know of. I will check that again to make sure though.
        Thank you for your suggestion.

Martha in Texas

Comment

I have had the problem of the needle plate and the cover for the tubular arm behind it not being at the same height. At the speeds our Amayas run at, this difference in height can be problematic. I just loosened the two front screws on the aforementioned cover and raised it to be level with the needle plate- solved my problem- hope it works for you! Lemme know!
          Gregory

Comment

Well, Max, did you get your issue resolved?
            Gregory

Comment

Working...
            X