Trademark "TM" on logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trademark "TM" on logos

What do you all do with the "TM"? Does it vary according to customer perference or is there a standard? I have a customer who says he needs to have the TM sewn and it's needs to be big enough to be legible. I will honor his request, but I still wanted to know what is right or wrong or is there a rule?
    thx!
    Two Bit Embroidery

Does this person actually have the design(s) trademarked- meaning has he paid the fee to the gov't for the trademark? If not, it means nothing. This falls under intellectual property law, and is definitely not my area; thankfully we have people here that take care of that sort of thing. Wikipedia this & see what I'm talking about- very complicated.
    Gregory

Comment

Yes, he's got the trademark, paid the $$, etc., everything. Just like you mentioned, not my area, so I'm unsure what is standard. this is the only customer who wants the TM on his logo tho. All others who officially have trademarks don't require it be on the logo and some have asked for it to be removed.
      Two Bit Embroidery

Comment

Well, in that case, I just use a standard walk stitch to do the "TM", and the same for the little circle around it as well. Depending on the size (usually less than 1/4"), you will have to adjust stitch lenght. For a regular 1/4" one I generally use a 12 point stitch lenghth with curve compensation turned on. If he wants it to really be noticed, a retrace (or maybe even a bean stich) could help you achieve the results that will satisfy this customer. Hope this helps.
        Gregory

Comment

In my version of DS the "TM" and other symbols are already digitized. If you click on the automatic custom shape tool, then select common symbols they are all there. I think this started around V9.097. One more reason to update or upgrade if you are still on V7.

Steve I.
          Trinity Embroidery
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Well, I'll be darned if you aren't right Steve, right there under custom designs&gt;common symbols. Thanks for the info.
            Gregory

Comment

I have used that "TM" from the common symbols, you may need to beef it up, it's not that great.
              Tricia
              Sharp Threads
              Almont, MI

Comment

Working...
              X