jacket back hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacket back hoop

I am using a jacket back hoop to sew out a very large biker club patch....heavy twill with heat adhered heavy mesh backing. It pulls a little in the hoop, guess the weight is too much for that large hoop. Just wondering if the two brass screw holes in the hoop front and back are for some sort of clamp? I could surely use them if that is the case. Tried several "home-made" clamping ideas, but they always get knocked off.
    Does anyone know the answer to my question?

Try wrapping your outer hoop with athletic tape and it will act like the "stay tabs" in mens trousers to keep their shirt tucked in. AFter you get the fabric hooped nice and taut, tighten your screw with a screwdriver and nothing should slip.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I use regular straight pins, or safety pins. on the OUTSIDE of the hoop, away from where any needles might be found, I make a fold in the fabric and pin it right next to the hoop. I do this all of the way around, pulling to be certain it is the drumhead type tight. I haven't lost anything doing it like that....including needles and needle accidents.

Comment

Working...
      X