Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special char letter

Hello

In Design Shop pro+ can someone provide an instruction of using a special code for the french letter as in the 'e' in "café".

I don't know how to use in the fonts

hope this makes sense
    Thank You,<br />Donna<br />Zbest Embroidery

Are you using the Melco fonts? If you are then click on the Code Sheet to find a font that has that special letter. So do, some don't.

If you are just using a regular TTF then you'll have to find the Alt number for that letter in that font. I think you can just hold down the Alt key and type in the letter. For the e you are looking for it is alt 0233

Juli
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Actually, I think that in Word or in DS the Alt numbers are the same. It is just that some fonts, either TTF or Melco fonts, don't have those letters. So you have to find a font that does have them in order to use them.

Juli
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

You need to use the numeric keypad. If your keyboard does not have a dedicated numeric pad on the side, you'll have to use the function key version embedded on the alpha-keys.

Press and hold ALT and FN, then press your numbers
        Your code on my keyboard would be:
        ALT-FN m(0) k(2) l(3) k(2).

Dorothy

&lt;&lt;I am trying to use Melco font ENVIRO-DAK which seems to have this char but
        when I read the code sheet and try to use the ALT key nothing happens.

Looks like I need the ALT 0232

I must be missing something...Any suggestions?&gt;&gt;
        Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
        X