Sew Field Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sew Field Area

I have an Amaya XT that has the big extra large wooden hoop. I noticed that even though the hoop is large the sew field is not. Is there a way I can create a custom hoop and make the sew field larger? I would appreciate any help. It's hard to imagine that I have this big giant hoop and I can't sew the entire area... Thanks in advance...

Hmmm...what makes you feel that you don't have a large working field to stitch in? Did you select the proper hoop from your choices of hoops? If you don't have it available in your hoop list, you can always create a custom hoop.

If you do a trace of a design, as long as it fits inside the hoop (with enough clearance so that the presser foot assembly doesn't hit the hoop itself), then you should be good to go.

Jim
    Jim Sulsona
    Laughing Palm, Inc.

Comment

I've discovered that the x axis can only go so far with this machine. It seems that 15.75 inches is as wide as the machine will physically go. If I'm mistaken, someone please let me know. When I trace the x axis the machine stops about 3 inches from the edge of the hoop.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

You are correct. The Amaya machine is physically limited and cannot sew the entire area of the very large hoops. All of the hoop definitions in AmayaOS are designed to allow the machine to use as much of the area in the hoop as possible.

Comment

But if you happen to want to define your own hoop parameters go to tools>hoop setup>click on "add hoop">name hoop>tell program what type (round, square, cap, etc.)>define X+Y axis parameters. There you have it, and now you can select it from your list. I caution new users to be very careful so as not to damage your machine(s). Hope this info is helpful.
          Gregory

Comment

Thanks all for your wonderful feedback!

Comment

Working...
            X