Shiny Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny Thread

Over the past few weeks, within a posting that was unrelated, someone posted the name of a thread they used that was very shiny. Anyone remember? Shame on me for being careless and not writing it down when I saw it.
    THANKS

I think is was Isacord, unless you re talking about metallics.
    Gregory

Comment

I think it was I who mentioned shinny thread. It is Marathon and I usually get it from American Embroidery Supply. But you can get it from other suppliers also.

Marathon is very shinny compared to RA. My husband was really disappointed, one time, when I ran out of Marathon white and had to use RA. He didn't like it at all! I am talking about poly thread. I don't have any rayon, but I believe that it starts out shinier than poly.

Juli
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thank you -- Yes Juli, it was Marathon.
        I now use some Isacord and like FuFus (Floriani) very much. But if Marathon is even shinier than that -- you have just made me very happy!

Comment

I can only compare Marathon to RA because I don't have any other threads. Let us all know the results of your comparison.

Juli
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If you want a very high sheen to a thread
            Try Fufus
            it can be purchased at
            sewingmachine.com

It is the Manufacture of Floriani for the home market.

It is wonderful thread...

JOGO
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

I am having excellent results with Floriani threads. I believe their shine is better than any thread I have tried. The distributor is RNK and their site is www.rnkdistributing.com. Their customer service is like the old days when Suppliers cared about their customers. They spend the time to help with thread and backing issues that are not even related to their products.
              Debbie in Arizona

Comment

I have a bunch of Floriani; Hemingworth is also a good line of smaller spools.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
                Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Working...
                X