Bobbins - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbins - a question

I finally ran out of my Melco supplied Coats bobbins for my XT. They were Style L, 132 yds V15 in white. The machine would always stop somewhere near the end of the bobbin. There was always what appeared to be some usefull bobbin left. I just started using the Madeira Pre- Wound bobbins Style L at 144 yards. They call it Item #121-147. There bobbins seems to always go to the end. The XT stops correctly when the bobbin runs out. Just changing the bobbin gives a bit more use. Why is this? What else don't I know? Now I ask are there bobbins that are 5000 yards?!

What is the best bobbin to use on an XT. I use one type of bobbin for everything. I have always assumed that this is correct?

any insight would be appreciated.

Most of us use the standard 135 yd style "L" in white- works on everything I do. And every bobbin manufacturer has it's pros & cons- quality and price to name the 2 I consider the most important. There are larger bobbins, but they only hold about 235 yds.(called the "M" style), and you have to have a larger hook/race and bobbin case too- don't know if they have these on any of the Amaya's. I use paper-sided continuous filament polyester (white) and get good results consistently.
    Gregory

Comment

I love the NEB bobbins. No lint from the cardboard sides! And they always run to the end in the XT.

I would like to find a thread similar to the ARC. What has been everyone's findings for color match, performance, etc?

Comment

I have used all of the above,
        Now use the Magnacore bobbins.

And I would never go back.
        I like the consistancy they give the leave NO lint. and they now come in like 30 colors.
        I have never had an issue using them.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'm now using the Madeira thread because Melco pushed their compatibility. Is there a better thread?

Comment

Isacord thread
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I'm researching that out myself. Madeira throws off a lot of lint is what I'm hearing. At least when compared to ARC. Isacord is very similar to ARC. RA doesn't come close to strength or quality which is unfortunate because I'd really like to rely on them but haven't been please with their order response or the quality of their thread. I've heard there is a thread called Poly X40 which is possibly the ARC thread and even uses the same numbers. I haven't found a distributor for this thread yet though.

Comment

Great news to those looking for the ARC thread. The line called PolyX-40 is the same as ARC and uses the same numbers if you just as ESO to the beginning. I just spoke with them and this is definitely the route I'm taking. Whew! No conversion needed on my end. What a great way to start off the week. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this subject and hopefully you'll consider them as your source for poly thread.

Name of Thread: PolyX-40
                Long Creek Mills

Have a great day!

GF

Comment

Does anyone use Marathon thread? I find it very shiny and get a very good price at American Embroidery Supply. Her will also give you a 10% off if you mention that you are on this list.

And --- Has anyone used the new magnetic bobbins made by Robinson Anton? These are not MagnaCore. The actual magnet on the R-A bobbins is on the back, so the whole back side of the bobbin is magnet. The quantity is 144 per box (not 100 like the MagnaCore!) and the price is very good.

Juli
                  Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have used then Juli
                    they did not do as well as the Magnacore
                    I prefer no sides I can just glance and see how much thread is left and the cardboard sides prevent that.

I had some of the magnetic sided bobbins about 15 in a box the were too fat and would not turn properly caused a bunch of issued till we figured it out.

So we are back to magnacore..and staying..
                    [email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

I have tried Marathon, but not thrilled with it. LOVE American Embroidery Supply! Great outfit.

For the ARC thread, you can find PolyX-40 which is the exact same thread at www.LongCreekMills.com. Best to call them directly for the 5000 cones. The color numbers are exactly the same too so NO conversion!

Comment

Robinson-Anton would be my choice, but alas, it is my boss's choice, so we use Madeira.
                        Gregory

Comment

The RA Bobbins still have sides on them. Magnacore does not. No lint!! American Embroidery Supply sells Magnacore, did not see RA
                          We use Magnacore all the time

Comment

Sorry, I may be in the minority but feel the magnacore don't work as well on the Amaya (at least the big reds) and cause more threadbreaks.

We use allstitch's bobbins. The paper is coated with a plastic or lamiinate and doesn't cause lint like the plain paper ones used to.

They cost a lot lesss too and produce just as good results here - and I've tested to confirm.

To each their own [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            John Yaglenski
                            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                            Hilton Head Island, SC
                            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I can not speek for the Big Red Owners.
                              But I have just finished two Diff. orders
                              in Two days about 76 & 120 hoopings
                              designs of 3800 sts and names on one and 6800 sts and 2900 and tackel twill letters on the other and after the first design set up and tweeking the settings for the material not a single thread break.
                              Only one in fact.
                              and I had no lint build up in th bobbin area to speak of.

I do atribute this to the Magnacore consistant tension and NO backlash features.

I know that everyone has there own pref. in this matter. but I have not seen any increase in thread breaks reported by any of my customers.
                              I have carried them for about two years now.
                              along with Nebs and Filtec plastic sided.
                              I no longer carry the papersided as they are too unreliable in there manufacture. Too many returns, I am convinced you get what you pay for with Magnacore.

JMHO
                              [email protected]
                              Jerome in Minnesota
                              (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                              X