Centering caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering caps

Is there a way to center caps using the laser. No matter how careful I am it is impossible to hoop the cap so that the center is right on all the time. If you could use the laser to adjust the small amount you are off it would certainly save time and make a better product. Thanks

Yes, use the control panel to 'move' the hat side to side, as you do it the laser will point out where the center (almost) is. Don't forget to allow an offset-the laser does NOT point straight down. Once you think you have it centered, look down the needle it is lined up under-that needle should be pointed right down the center seam of the hat. Now you can move the hat foward or backwards to get as close to the brim as you want, then ALWAYS do a 'trace' to make sure it fits! And this also is a good test to see if you hooped the hat tight enough. If you didn't, the trace will pop it off. Just leave the hat where you want it-and start sewing-it will start from your new 'center' point for spacing.
    Now keep in mind you have to do this for every hat...because you can't hoop them perfectly in the same place each time.

Comment

And, if you want to be really accurate, you can do a bottom-center to see that the needle is, indeed, centered above the seam.
      Gregory

Comment

Please realize that the center seam is not always in the center of the hat. Measure across the bill, mark the center of the bill and line up the needle with that mark, not the seam.
        Jo
        Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Problem occurs with 'center' if your logo has distinct 'center' design, like a diamond, star, whatever...you get an optical illusion that the logo is off center on the hat if it isn't centered on the seam itself. The seam is a visible 'center point' for viewing the hat and the brim doesn't factor into it.
          You have to go with 'what looks right optically' for centering sometimes instead of what 'measures' to be on center.
          That's why 5 panel hats are so much easier-no center seam to throw things off!
          Roland

Comment

I must disagree here, Roland. When the person puts the hat on, he uses the bill to center the hat. Many hats seams are not straight with the bill. If the logo is centered to the bill, you do not notice that the seam is off when you are wearing it.
            Jo
            Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

When I do hats, the only way I see it is to drop the needle and make sure that it is located in the center of the seam. If I were to mark the center of the cap, measuring acroos the bill, and it did not come right on the seam and I went ahead and did the design, my guarantee is the design will not have a pleasing visual effect.(provided there is a visual reference point in the design) On six panel caps I ALWAYS drop the needle into the seam. It is relatively easy to do with the menus to click bottom center. I had asked before for a three key combination on the Amaya keypad that would accomplish the task but that request has gone unanswered.

Comment

Roland I agree...when we first started I wanted to embroider my name on my Bible cover...I measured the width of the cover and centered on it but after I embroidered it the handles were not centered on the cover so my name looks off center because it is off center of the handles...that was one of my first lessons learned by trial and error...LOL...

Jenny
                Westbrook Wonders
                Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X