Times New Roman Alphabet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times New Roman Alphabet?

Does anyone know of a source for a well digitized Times New Roman embroidery alphabet that will work in DS7? We've been using the auto-digitized ones that DS generates from our True Type font file and they never stitch out well. I'm tired of ruining product and my attitude with these poor sewouts and we're looking for an alternative.

Ideally, the size would be easily adjustable, as I am sewing monograms and need many different sizes of letters. Almost anything will be better than what I've got jury rigged at the moment, though.

I bought mine through Melco. If you give them a call I think they still have them. (I could be lying about that though...)

Comment

Somebody posted earlier about buying fonts-said that when Melco came out with DS9, they included all fonts available (from Melco) and stopped selling 'individual' fonts...so if you find out they DO have them-please post here so others will know about it!
      Thanks
      Roland

Comment

Totally mistyped. Times New Roman is in DS7. Times Roman is not. However, they both sew equally badly whenever I try to use them.

I'm excited to hear that all fonts might be included in DS9. I've a call in to our sales rep to see if I can get a list (or better yet, the code sheets) of the alphabets included in DS9 and the new Amaya OS.

I'll be back if/when I find out anything.

Comment

Do a 'search' in the forum here for working with fonts and see what you can do to make better looking sewouts. Small type especially is a real pain-solution to most font sewing problems is to DECREASE the density, not increase it-(higher number density=less dense) and turn SHORT STITCHES off. For larger letters, (for me) 3/4" or bigger, add in double zigzag and centerline underlayment at a density around 10-12 to give the letter some 'body'and beef it up. Density of the satin stitch on the letters I start at 4.5 or so and go from there to see how it looks. Also, your material can be the culprit-lettering looks absolutely worse on pique knit compared to woven and jersey knit. No way to hold a nice clean edge on pique.

Comment

Those problems I've addressed. It's just the digitizing. Weird overlaps where they shouldn't be, no overlap when there should be. Only some of the columns in the letter respond to changes on the properties tabs... (That's always exciting when the middle section of the loop on a capital P is the only part of the letter that doesn't transition to a fill stitch and instead has 1" long satin stitches. Thank God for sample sewouts!)

Comment

What size letters are you working with that would have a splitstyle or 1 inch long satin stitch? Max size on Times Roman shows 1.5 inches. Any time we use a large letter , we lay out everything kerning etc. then switch to vector enlarge as needed then work with a fill. Sometimes we will add a border of the same color to kind of finish to the edge.

Comment

KNC,

The 1" satin stitch comes on a 4.5" letter (a design decision I inherited from a predecessor, unfortunately). On most of our other alphabets, it works out fine with some small adjustments to column width or a switch to fill stitch. These Times alphabets just give me fits... The sewout problems happen on even the small letters that are inside the recommendations on the code sheet, too.

I talked to our Melco sales rep on Friday and he says that they have redigitized Times and Times New Roman in DSv9. I'm still trying to decide if/when we're going to upgrade...

Comment

Working...
                X