do you guys use adhesive on polos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you guys use adhesive on polos?

Ive looked at some polo embroideries from other people and it seems like there are no adhesive spray on the backing. I was taught to use adhesive spray when i attended the amaya class. So my question is, Is adhesive really needed? I have to embroider a polo shirt with the san miguel beer logo.
    Just started Embroidery and I love it.

I can talk about adhesive spray!! I have, in the past, always used adhesive spray. Loved it BUT I had miss-trims, pull outs, half trims, broken needles, hoops getting yanked open, etc until I just wanted to throw the machine out the door ( or through the wall). Major, major headaches! Then one day I started a job that I figured had close to 1 million stitches. I didn't get 2500 stitches into the job and already had 10 thread breaks! This was not going to do!!! So I called Rod. (I call down special blessings to this man from on high!) First question he asked was did I use spray glue. Yes, but I didn't think it was the problem. He practically yelled at me to move that to the top of my list of things that could be wrong. And I meekly said OK. OK, OK, OK - top of the list! He suggested I do a WD40 wash. A What? Well, to make a long story short, I did it and low and behold, no miss-trims, no broken needles, no troubles. My machine goes and goes without thread breaks or any trouble at all. Life, now, is good!

So, the moral of the story is, don't use spray glue. I use the iron-on No-Show and it works like a dream and doesn't present the problems that glue does. A little more time to iron it on, but it sure does stabilize the material.

Just my $.02

Juli
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If you do use ad hesive spray
      Use VERY LITTLE!!
      I do use it when needed and I have NONE of the problems juli stated but a can lasts YEARS not months.
      it requires very little.
      the Iorn on tear away and the Iron on cutaways like poly mesh work great also.

You can also use 606 spray that will make any backing an Iorn on.

JFYI
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Also, if you have to spray, don't use it immediately. Let it air dry before trying to do anything with it.
        Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

thanks for the help. Would it be okay just to place the backing under the polo, hoop it, and sew it? or is that ironing thing also an important step.
          Sorry i am a newbie.

Comment

It would be helpful to know what brand the shirt is (such as Outer Banks 2100 or Gildan 2800)

Comment

It is a 6# Jerzees J100 6oz Cotton Jersey with no pocket.

Ive seen two types of backing on polo. One was 3 tear away and the other is 2 cutaway. Which do you guys thinks is better to use?

Comment

I like using the poly mesh on t shirts and polos. It is strong but soft and does not show through like a cut away can.

Pam
                Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Comment

The no show nylon diagonal mesh in a fusible or non fusible version is the best stabilizer for T Shirts
                  It is a low melt 260F fusible to avoid any possinility for slippage in the hoop

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-reviews.htm - mesh

Put a "wet laid" tearaway behind it for added definition

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-glossary.htm wet laid
                  Pls e-mail me off list for any samples

Fred
                  Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Working...
                  X