installing V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing V9

Okay- I have been using Amayas and DS pro+ for about 14 months now. I knew Tajimas- could tear a head apart & put it back, even set the timing. But as, we all know, the Amaya is no Tajima. I fell into the groove quickly- having had quite a bit of exp. on Saurer machines- the BIG ones- so I got the whole "thread-feed" thing right off the bat. I finally feel comforable & confident enough to install V9 (I've had the disks for over a year). How do I do this? Do I uninstall V7 first? I have a unique setup, too. I do all of the design work on one PC- save the designs to our server, and then retrieve them on another PC that I use to run the 4 Amayas; this means that I have one dongle on one PC an the other on the other PC. Do I need to disconnect from the network before I begin to do this? I am asking because I do not have time to get this wrong & be down (not producing) for a day. Should I call Melco & get a tech on the phone for a walk-through? I've really, literally, got work coming out of my ears, thank God, so I want to do this the right way.
    Gregory

Gregory,
    There's no reason to uninstall Version 7 before installing Version 9.
    Melco has set it up so that Version 9 installs into a different default folder.

Meaning, you can actually have both versions of AOS installed on your PC - but you can only run one or the other. You can't run them at the same time.

It should be really straight forward. Put the disk in and follow the prompts. If Version 9 doesn't work for you, you can always fall back on Version 7.

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Do I disconnect from the network when I do it?
      Gregory

Comment

Working...
      X