Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embroidery on fabric for picture frame????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery on fabric for picture frame????

I have a customer who supplied an 11" x 14" picture frame with glass in the front and cotton material. She wants me to embroider some corner flowers and the name and birth information of a child.

Any suggestions on what to tack the material onto to put it back in the frame? I was thinking of using poster board. Any ideas on how I should glue the material to the poster board? I'm worried about putting any glue on the front with the design because I don't want the glue to change the color of the material.

Or has anyone done this before and has a much better idea?

Thanks,
    Di
    Di<br />Designs by Di

Usually, you use a slightly padded board made just for this purpose as it lets the embroidery back sink into it, thus leaving a flat surface in the front. They were designed with hand embroiderers in mind who have a lot of knots in their work. Check our your craft store.

Comment

Thank you so much Knehmer, that will work perfect. I even called Joann's and they have it on hold for me.

If anyone else needs to know, it's called Pres-On Mounting Board and is available in different sizes or you can buy a large sheet and cut it yourself.
      Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

However you go, put the glue on the board, not the fabric, even if you just use temporary spray adhesive.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
        Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

The Pres-On Mounting Board already has an adhesive. This is what the product description says:

Foam Pres-On Board. Pres-On Products’ pressure sensitive adhesive mounting boards are a quick and easy way to mount needlework, stitchery, cross stitch or any other artwork for framing. 1/4" polyether white foam gives needlework that padded look. Cut the boards with a utility knife or single edge razor blade. Regular thickness boards are packed in an attractive printed plastic bag ready to sell!

But I agree Barbara, if I was using something else, I would not want to spray the fabric.
          Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

I, thank the good Lord, have learned how to say "No" or charge a MINT for the work on these weird projects.
            Gregory

Comment

I know Gregory, I would have never agreed to do this but my Grandma asked if I could please do this for her friend. Can't say no to Grandma [img]smile.gif[/img] .
              Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

+1 Gregory...

but +2 to Di - family first
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

TOTALLY agree- wish mine were still here on earth with me- I would bend over backwards....
                  Gregory

Comment

Well the foam board was too thick to be able to put the back back on the frame. So I had to get the same type of board without the foam to make it work. Well it all turned out beautifully and I'm soooo glad to be done with that project.

Thanks for the help!!!
                    Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

Working...
                    X