No announcement yet.

Thread picking up color from garment in monogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a product called "Hide it" from ABC embroidery systems (I get mine from the Sewphisticated Stitcher. It's like the dry-cover and it is, in a word, fabulous. Not only works great for towels (just did one), but should you accidentally stitch an area with the wrong color thread, you can simply place a piece of this in the right color over the incorrect area before you restitch and no one will ever know you had made a boo-boo--not even you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

MAN- what it seems like you must go through- & I thought I had to jump thru hoops... At the same time, though, I have to admire your tenacity.
      Gregory

Comment

All I can say is "I'm so glad I'm not trying to manage this as an independent shop."

I must have monogrammed 300 towels in the last 3 months and not one complaint about show through of the nap. Now, in one week, I get complaints from two different customers. No change in my settings, density, fonts, thread. Just suddenly complaining people. I inherited all these protocols from my predecessor and you'd better bet I'm shopping around today and requesting topping samples so I can experiment. I don't have time to redo orders like this!

Comment

Megan,

I know I spoke to you earlier but thought I would post this in case anyone else has issues with this application.

All previous posts are good suggestions here,,,

Have you checked your Auto feed lower limit setting?

If it's at default the machine will drop down to the lowest "Material Thickness" it sees as it starts laying down the napp on the towel.

By the time it starts to stitch the satin stiches it may get tighter than it needs to be and eventually allow the nap to poke through in places.

And always check your bobbin case make sure its clean under the tension spring.

Hugo
          Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Working...
          X