Need some help with this please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with this please!

I am going to be doing some Dri-FastAdvantage shirts(Devon & Jones sport). I am not sure how to do them. What backing and needle do i use? Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!!

Maggie,
    I have no idea what Dri-Fast Advantage shirts are as well as Wet-Slow Disadvantage shirts...
    With that said, if the fabric is stretchy, then you will need to stabilize the fabric with cut-a-way backing. Also use a ball point needle so not to cut holes in the fabric. 75/11 or 70/10 needle will be fine.
    If the fabric is thick, consider underlay stitches to mat down the thickness and restructure the fabric and longer stitch lengths where possible, such as wider columns, because smaller stitches will sink into the fabric and be difficult to be seen.
    If the fabric is really stretchy like spandex, try to hoop the fabric as tight as it would be on the wearer's body.

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

These are like hiker or boat-captain shirts- right? If so- use 2 layers of 1.5 oz c/away & 1 or 2 layers of lightweight t/away for extra stability. A light ballpoint 75/11 should be perfect as far as the needle goes. Slow the Amaya down- not too much. Hoop fabric "as it lays" & backing just a little tighter; I sometimes put the presser-foot height at just one click up. Best of luck!
      Gregory

Comment

I would use 1.5 invisible mesh, from american EMB supply. I have found it to work in most cases. I did dry release polo it turned out super. If you find you need a little something else add a light tear away.
        Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

I can help re backing
          Depending upon your stitch cou8nt and density -
          Use one or 2 layers cross patterned of the diagonal no show meshWith a tearaway behind it for added definition
          Pls see

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-reviews.htm - mesh

Pls feel gree to e-mail me direct off list for samples

Sincerely
          Fred
          Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Thank You everyone for your help. I will try your tips and let you know how they work.

Maggie

Comment

Working...
            X