Not sure how to digitize this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to digitize this

Ok, I have a customer that insists on have some small lettering outlined. The font is Oesco .35 all capital letters. Would it be better to try a singleline column or use a walk stitch on lettering that size?

Frustrated
    Cindy in Phoenix

Do you have DS Pro +; it has auto outlining and you can choose the style of border (satin, walk, bean). You also might consider doing the letter larger then stitching another letter right on top if you really want to see the outline. Just an idea.

Dorothy
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

For lettering that small...I would use a retrace walk stitch at around 15pt stitch length for starters....trying to use a satin stitch will be a disaster waiting to happen and a bean stitch doesn't like sharp curves or corners for the most part even with curve compensation for that matter....and remember that if the lettering is set at .35, unless it is all capitals, the lowercase will probably come in around the .20 mark...

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

What Rod said is what I would try first- might check the "curve compensation" box under the "stitch" tab...
        Gregory

Comment

Working...
        X