Logo's for little league teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo's for little league teams

Aloha everyone...I just got a call from a team MOM that wanted me to sew on the Pirates logo on to their team jackets. She wanted the actual Pirates professional logo. We all know it is trademarked but I have seen tons of little league teams with pro team logos on their jackets etc. Anyone with experience with little league teams and how I should proceed? Suggestions would be appreciated. ....Delbert
    Delbert Kim<br />Surf \'n Stitches<br />Hawaii

Find a similar design “Legal” Present it to them. and inform them of the copyright laws,
    and Unless they can provide the legal authorization needed.
    You would NOT be able to help them.

And if you want to be sure a competitor pays for doing the job.
    An anonymous call will eliminate the competitor.

Pro sports teams are not to be fooled with.

Or Disney for that fact.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

If you have a Dakota catalog, there are many Pirate logos in there. I would see if your customer likes one of those. 'Pirates' is a common team name. As Jerome said, you don't want to reproduce anything that looks similar to a proffesional sports team.
      Here is an example of what large companies do http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...gh_school_logo
      The logo's are identical. But I'm sure the MLB has better lawyers than yours so try not to make the logo to close to what a sports team has. If you use a Dakota logo, you are 99% safe from lawsuits.

Comment

I think John de-activated the hyperlinks in the forum so you will have to copy and paste the URL

Comment

I clicked on it and it brought the page right up [img]smile.gif[/img] As you posted, that logo is identical--wondering how anyone thought this could possibly be legal in the first place? Did you happen to find out how long the school had the logo?

Comment

The major sports leagues (football, baseball, etc.) several years ago all decided that their licensed logos can NO LONGER BE USED by Youth Leagues WITHOUT PAYING A FEE for it...so don't get fooled by your local league telling you 'its okay'...GET PROOF. The lawsuits can bankrupt YOU because you printed or sewed it...

Comment

Knehmer,
              The media never tells the whole story. My guess is someone Googled "Rams" or "Rams Logo" and saw that one thinking it was cool looking to use instead of hiring a graphic artist to create something.

Comment

Yep - to discourage spammers. Sorry.
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

John, I was able to click right on the link and get there--is that because I did it from my email?

Comment

yep - your email program saw it as a hyperlink and converted it for you
                    John Yaglenski
                    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                    Hilton Head Island, SC
                    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I once worked for a imprint specialty company and we were asked to do quotes for a major league baseball team. I ran into all the copyright infor for that and I was told by one distributor that the company would have to put out $100,000.to use that logo for the team. Anyone who messes with these teams they have the money to go after you.
                      Paradise can have it\'s draw-backs.

Comment

I know that my high school team used the Seattle Mariners baseball hats, but we actually used the MLB hats, noone embroidered them for us. An expensive way to go, but not compared to licensing. Now if I had an embroidery machine at that time I would have convinced them to change the design.

Also I usually tell the teams that we can digitize any logo (kids contest for coming up with the new logo) and the most it would cost would be $30-50 dollars one time.

Comment

Working...
                        X