"Don't Tread On Me"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't Tread On Me"

Someone of us was looking for the pattern of the Gasden flag a short time ago.
    Grand Slam Designs has this pattern on sale for less than $5. Just an FYI.
    Jo
    Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Cool

Thanks

Comment

"Items with this design sewn onto the product may be sold commercially with limitation. You must have written consent to mass market items using this design." Have to find out what they mean by limitation.

Comment

The disclaimer you cite usually means you can sew and sell a predetermined number of items, usually 25 or 50, without requiring a license from the designer owner. Anymore than that, you have to contact them and arrange a license and it will cost you. Anita Goodesign designs are an example of that copyright requirement.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Jo.
          That one will get a lot of use,even if it's just "personal use"

Comment

In the case of the Gasden Flag...that design is not trademarked or copyrighted and is on the 'open market' for any use by anyone. It shows up in every single clipart collection I have as a state or territory flag design from 200 years ago...and is currently being used by the Libertarian Party for some of their flags and also 'renegade' militia groups with the design flipped horizontally. I just finished digitizing it 2 weeks ago for one local person-didn't realize it was already available. The disclaimer shows up at the bottom of every design from most companies but unless you doublecheck explicitly for the design you purchase does not mean there is a limit to how many times you can use it. So ask! If you can find any design you need in one of the 'copyright free' collections of clip art you are free to digitize, vectorize, do whatever you want with it so it's always worth it to read the fine print or keep looking!

Comment

FYI, I got the same designs from www.embroiderydesigns.com
              for $2.50 each and some freebies.

Comment

I asked about the initial limit that can be sold and was told it was 100.

Comment

Working...
                X