Glow in the Dark thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow in the Dark thread

I have about 25 hats to do with Glow in the Dark thread. Anything special I have to do? Like Needle size and speed. I have been sewing at 750 st/min with the reg thread, so, what do you think with the Glow in the Dark thread? Maybe 650? These are expensive hats and I would really not like to loose even one.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

that's so funny. i was just looking at this thread and thought i would order one spool to give it a try. Maderia's Site says to use a 65/9 needle. Wouldn't that be pretty small. esprcially for a cap. I am such a chicken I would practice on a different cap to start with. Good Luck and let me know how it works Christi

Comment

a good person to ask is Pat Williams. Juli your e-mail box is full so here is Pats e-mail so wo can contact her directly - [email protected]
      This is the Pat Williams noted on the Madeira site. She digitizes designs to test the different threads and will most likely have some good directions for you on your prodject.
      I do agree that a 65/9 needle doesn't sound like the right choice for a hat. You may even want to slow to 450/500spm.
      Let us know what works.
      Also happy to hear you too are going on the 20011 cruise, looking forward to meeting you and all.
      Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

20011? I cant even think about tomorrow, let alone 18001 years from now! [img]redface.gif[/img] )

Comment

I just got a customer who wants glow in the dark thread on caps, and was wondering what you found out? Thanks
          Richard Meier<br />Meier Custom Embroidery<br />Limon,CO

Comment

I have used glow in he dark Robinson Anton many times on hats. Nothing special. I use 75/11 sharps on hats and run 750-850.

Comment

Working...
            X