Fill Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill Letters

I am trying to digitize a logo that are letters over a fill and there is not enough room for an outline to hide the edges, as they are pulling. I am trying to have a nice edge on the letters and have tried different things. Is there a fill that would work the best or do I just have to live with the jagged edges? The letters are about 3/4 inches wide at some points.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Did you try to change the angle of the fill? Sometimes that works.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If I'm understanding you correctly, the letters are a tatami fill stitched over a large tatami fill area. I'd try to get the fill of the letters to be stitching in one direction and make sure you have a fill underlay under them. Be sure that the edge of the underlay is about .5 points away from the edge of the letters. Then, make the fill of the background stitch in the opposite direction as the letters. See if that works...
      Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

I decided to try making the fills smaller to accomodate the outline. I hope that will work. Thanks a lot!!!!

Comment

I have been checking the different fills and I see Trapunto. I checked on the help and could not find out what it is. Sooooooo what is it?

Comment

Trupunto mainly means there will be no under lay and the edges of the fill have two points one arriving at the edge and one leaving. usually used for very loose fill areas like back ground clouds ect..
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Ok I used it the backfill on this design and thought it looked good but I did not understand the concept. Has anyone used it on a fill, I have a white fill with an orange pique and it seemed not to let the orange show through.

Comment

"Trapunto" was a great and wise indian who could regularly be seen on those commercials sitting on his horse crying when someone threw trash on the ground back in the 1970's.....

Nah,.. just kidding.

Actually, "Trapunto" is Italian meaning "to embroider or sew in a quilted pattern".

When we sew a standard "fill" type stitch with 100% coverage, you cannot see the underlay stitches that were put down first.
                However, if you were to sew a "fill" stitch that had less than 100% coverage, you would start to expose those "crazy looking" underlay stitches underneath.

When you select the "Trapunto" option, it rearranges your underlay stitches to hide them where possible - usually routing them around the perimeter of the "fill" stitch and/or in the same direction as the fill's stitch direction.

Play with it a little and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck,
                Ed
                -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                X